The Document Repository Module allows user the ability to create new repositories to store documents that are not related directly to cases or other objects in the system. This repository allows for organizing these documents so they can be collaborated, versioned, and used as a central repository of organization documentation.
Available Functionality in the Document Repository Module
- One or many Document Repositories can be added to store different sets of documents.
- Each Document Repository has the following metadata tables by default: Details, Document Table, Participants Table, History, Tags, References, and Notes.
- Authorized users may view access/permission of the current Document Repository in the Participants Table.
- Users can create, edit, delete, version, and manage access/permissions for Document Repositories.
- Users can manage folders and documents within a repository: Create, Upload, Rename, Edit, Delete, etc.
- Document types and formats are not restricted.
- Users can create folders and sub-folders on the Document Repository.
- User can manage permissions at the document level.
- The system displays the most recent version of the document in the viewer by default. From the viewer, the user can open and view previous version(s) in the same viewer as separate tabs in the viewer.
- Users can search across all Document Repositories using Global Search. Users can narrow down the Global Search by Document Repository names in the system. (i.e. Facet = Document Repository Names; Values in Facet = HR, Policy, etc.)