Install one of the supported databases: PostgreSQL or Oracle Express.
If you already have an Oracle installation, you should use that installation. If your organization already has a custom installation procedure for Oracle, you should follow those instructions. Only use these notes if you need to install Oracle, and your organization doesn’t have an official installation procedure.
If you do not already have an Oracle installation, Armedia recommends Oracle Express 11gR2. Download and installation instructions are available here:
Create a tablespace and a user for the ArkCase database schema. The following SQL*Plus commands (issued from a bash session on Linux) are suitable, you may adjust at will:
- [armdev@localhost ~]$ su -
- Password: <provide the root password here>
- [root@localhost ~]# su - oracle
- bash-4.1$ export ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/xe
- bash-4.1$ export ORACLE_SID=XE
- bash-4.1$ export PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$PATH:$HOME/bin
- bash-4.1$ sqlplus / as sysdba
- SQL*Plus: Release 184.108.40.206.0 Production on Thu Jul 17 12:19:25 2014
- Copyright (c) 1982, 2011, Oracle. All rights reserved.
- Connected to:
- Oracle Database 11g Express Edition Release 220.127.116.11.0 - 64bit Production
- SQL> create tablespace acm3_stor datafile '/u01/app/oracle/oradata/XE/acm3_store_01.dbf' size 100M autoextend on online;
- Tablespace created.
- SQL> create user acm3 identified by acm3 default tablespace acm3_stor;
- User created.
- SQL> grant resource, connect, create view, select any dictionary to acm3;
- Grant succeeded.
- SQL> exit
- Disconnected from Oracle Database 11g Express Edition Release 18.104.22.168.0 - 64bit Production
- bash-4.1$ exit
- [root@localhost ~]# exit
- [armdev@localhost ~]$