The Reports module makes available a set of parameters from which to define reports and retrieve information from the application in table form, pie charts, etc. The first step is to select a report from the Report list.
Search criteria are selected in the Browse frame. Your organization's configuration and permissions determine the reports and parameters that you see. After selecting a Report from the list of options, one or more additional parameters will become available to refine the content of the report.
Select the report criteria in the Browse frame of the Report module. The criteria allows you to tailor results, and conserve search time and the amount of physical data returned.
- In the Report field, select a report from the list. Depending on the selected report, one or more additional parameters will become available.
- Select an option from the State list to further specify the content of the selected report. In the Core ArkCase application, the Case Summary Report makes available a list of states that apply to a case, such as Draft, In Approval, and Closed.
Note: Your local configuration may not include the second-level parameter field, or may display a different field name and list of options.
- To limit the results to a time period, use the Date Range The default is the current day. In the From and To boxes, enter or select from the calendar a date range.
- Click Generate Report to return the results. The report displays in the Detail frame of the page.
The reports display up to 25 entries on a page. The report columns (content) depend on the report selected.
Your organization can personalize reports. ArkCase configuration permits custom reports that collect and present content in the way that is useful to your local business process.
By default, the new report page makes available options for formatting and viewing the content. The group of options appears in the View Report panel above the report results in the upper-left corner of the Detail frame.
- Number of pages that comprises the report: shows thepage of pages, for example 1 / 5, where you can enter a number jump to any page of the report.
- Left and right arrows: click> arrow-right to move ahead one page in the results, click < arrow-left to go to the previous page.
- Toggle button hides (and redisplays) theView Report panel that appears above the report content.
- Output Type box lists the formats in which the report can be saved, for example, Microsoft Excel, .pdf, or text.
- View Report button,
The report results is a fixed display. It is an orderly presentation of data that has been collected from system tables and files. As is, its content cannot be manipulated, copied, or printed from the on-screen page.
The Output Type box is list of options for saving the report data as different file types, which makes the content available for other purposes. The default display in the Reports module page is the HTML version, which is paginated.
- To display the onscreen results in a single-page, scrolling format, click HTML (Single Page) on the list.
- To save the results as a .PDF file, click the option on the list. You will choose whether to open it or save it.
- To create a spreadsheet of the report, click Excel on the list. You may have options for saving in more than one Excel version. As a spreadsheet, the content can be used like any other Excel file.
- To copy the report to a database or other environment, click Comma Separated Value (CSV) and save the file.
- To create a Microsoft Office-compatible (Word) version of the report, click Rich-Text Format.
- To create a plain text file for use in generic text editors and utilities, click Text.