Each file stored in the folders can be individually managed. For example, you can apply security settings to each document by assigning a permission level to every participant. Documents are tracked as versions, each of which can be viewed and reinstated. The Document Viewer displays each file and the document-level controls.
The Document Viewer space provides options for managing each document during its life cycle. To open the Document Viewer, click Open from the Document menu (or double-click the file name).
In the Document Viewer, you can change the size of the screen display.
- Zoom in and out
- Fit in window
- Rotate page left or right
- Collapse thumbnail panel
Use the navigation links to move between pages.
- “Go To” arrows move backward (<<the preceding page or |<< the first page) and forward (>> the next page or >>| the last page)
- Type a page number in the text field
Use the expanded thumbnails panel.
Click a thumbnail to open the page in the viewer.
Don't see the thumbnail panel?
Click the thumbnail toggle button at the top-right corner of the viewer to show the thumbnails.
- Burn annotations
Point to an icon to view its tooltip. When adding marks and annotations, first create a new layer. In addition to storing the annotations, layers track individual reviewers comments. To consolidate and save the layers into the document, click Burn Annotations.
Click the Layer Manager icon in the viewer sidebar.
Open the Active Layer drop-down list to view and open the existing layers.
+ add a new layer (opens a text box for naming the layer)
− delete the layer (opens a dialog box to confirm the deletion)
N rename the layer (opens text box for typing the new name)
R redact the layer
The options to split a file and to merge the current file with another file are available from the Document Viewer.
Split a document
- Click theSplit icon to open the Split dialog box.
- Enter where the split should occur and click Enter.
- Click theMerge icon to open the Merge dialog box.
- Indicate the target file for the merge.
Assign document-level permissions
You can select users and assign access roles specifically to the document.
- In theParticipants section of the document viewer, click the +New The search dialog box opens.
- Open theParticipant Type drop-down list to assign the participant's document-level permission. Type can include roles such as reviewer, collaborator, owner, read-only, and no access. Your local configuration determines the options.
- Type a name (or another search entry such as just first or last name, or one or more letters with the wild card) in the text box and clickSearch. The search scans your organization's list of users. Results will return in a list.
A set of facets (filters) appears in the left column of the screen. Use the facets to further narrow a list of multiple results.
- Click in the list to highlight a name and clickSave.
The name and document permission are added to the Participants
To remove a participant, click the Delete (trash can) icon.
To change a participant's role, click the Edit (pencil) icon
You can create notes that other participants can see.
- Click the+ Add icon to create a new entry line. Your user ID and the current date automatically are added to the record.
- Click in the empty field in theNote column and add text.
- When finished, click outside theNotes
To remove a note, click the Delete (trash can) icon.