You can create form-based documents, you can upload and move documents, and you can paste files from the clipboard. Depending on your business process(es), you can assign a DocType to every document on associated with a complaint or case. You can also upload correspondence templates as a document on a complaint or case.
1. Click the top level folder in the documents table
2. Select the add folder or add document icons or
3. Right-click on the top level folder to open the menu.
4. Click New Document to open the list of available document types. See the example below.
5. Select a document type from the list. A form-based document will open in a new window or Windows Explorer will open to your shared drives.
The document type list lets you categorize all new documents you create for the case. The example list shows the types in Core ArkCase. Form-based documents have pre-defined completion fields, and, depending on local business process, can initiate a workflow for review or action.
Create a Correspondence
- Right-click the folder icon to open the menu.
- Click New Correspondence to open the list of available correspondence types. See the example below.
- Select a correspondence type from the list and the active correspondence template will be retrieved from Admin and then populate with the correct merge terms on the template and then the final correspondence document is added to the complaint or case folder.
To move a file from one Documents (Attachments) folder to another, select the file and, holding down right mouse button, drag the file onto the destination folder icon.
The file and its metadata moves to the new location.
- Open both your shared folders and files (for example, Windows Explorer) and the ArkCase Documents
- From your desktop or shared drive, select the file in Windows Explorer and, holding down the right mouse button, drag the file onto the destination folder icon.
When you release the mouse button, the Drag and Droppop-up box opens for assigning a document type to the file.
- Open the File Type drop-down list and select a type.
- Click OK.
Use the Paste menu option to add files from the clipboard to the folder.
Paste works when copying and cutting files stored in the same case, complaint, or task. You can also paste files within the same case container–between cases, between complaints, and between tasks–but not between case containers, such as from a complaint to case. You cannot paste files from Windows–files cut or copied to the clipboard from your desktop and drives.
The Paste option is available when a file is on the clipboard. If the clipboard is empty, Paste is dimmed on the menu.