Then the complaint (pre-case) information has been reviewed and is complete that is, you know how you want to proceed with the incident, close out the complaint. The Close Complaint Request is used for setting disposition and assigning an approver(s). The submitted request triggers an automated workflow that moves the complaint to the next stage of completion.
Create Close Complaint Request
- Click the Close Complaint button located beneath the complaint summary area of the content frame.
- When the Close Complaint page opens, review and add the information required to complete the request.
Note: The Close Complaint Request provided below is the Core ArkCase form. Your organization's configuration may show different field labels and required fields.
Default Field Information
ArkCase automatically associates the close request to the complaint. The complaint number pre-fills into the request. The Core ArkCase uses today's date as the default close date. Your business rules may specify a different timeline.
The complaint disposition is the request originator's recommendation for next action. Disposition options depend on configuration. Upon approval of the request, the disposition will determine the workflow that the complaint follows.
If disposition is Open Investigation, no further information is required.
If disposition is Add to Exiting Case, the Add Existing Case panel opens in the form.
- Enter or copy/paste in the existing case number in theEnter case number [title, create date, priority will auto-complete]
- Continue with the Close Complaint Request.
If disposition is No Further Action, no further information is required.
If disposition is Refer to External Agency, the Refer External panel opens in the form.
- Enter the name of organization.
- If the referral date should be different than the default, open the date picker and select a replacement.
- Enter the name of the point of contact.
- In the Type drop-down field, select a mode for communicating with the point of contact (cell phone, email, etc.).
- Enter the associated number or electronic address for the selected communication type.
When the Close Complaint Request is submitted, ArkCase routes it to the selected approver(s).
An Upload File option allows you (the request originator) to attach files from your desktop and share spaces to the request.
Upon Submit, ArkCase checks all required fields. A message appears when information is missing and when the request has been successfully submitted. The workflow moves the request to the designated approver.
Case Workflow – Submit Close Complaint Request
Upon successful submission of the request:
· assigns unique numeric ID to the request
· associates the complaint to the request
· saves the request as a document (.pdf)
· updates the Complaint status to In Approval
· due date
· notifies Approver, creates task, routes the close request
· assigns Task status Not Started
Review Close Complaint Request
The system assigns a task to the designated approver. The task includes the copy of Close Complaint Request. The task is created with a unique ID and a title that specifies it as a "review request." On the task page, the approver can:
- Open the associated complaint
- Review and edit the Close Complaint Request
- Edit the Review Close Complaint Request Task
- Return the Close Complaint Request to the originator
- Approve the Close Complaint Request
The task to review the Close Complaint Request is added to the approver's task list and is accessible from the dashboard (My Tasks widget).
- Click theID or Title to open the review request task.
Close Complaint Request Document
The Close Complaint Request can be found in the Documents Under Review section of the task.
- To only view the close request, click the document name in theTitle field of the Documents Under Review section of the task. A non-edit, .PDF version of the request opens which you also can save or print.
- To edit the close request, click theEdit Close Complaint Request hyperlink in the Documents Under Review section title bar. The submitted form opens, designated fields are available for edit.
Make any updates to the current close request.
- To add an attachment(s) to the close request form, clickUpload Document to select a file from your desktop or one of your drives.
- To save changes to the Close Complaint Request, click the Submit
- To close the form without saving, click the Cancel
Close Complaint Request Task
As necessary, you can update the content of the Task.
Task Summary Section
The hypertext (hyperlink-enabled fields) can be changed. For example, add a % of Completion to post the status of the review process.
- Click in the hypertext (field hyperlink) to open a pop-up text box (or date picker).
- To clear existing information from a field, click the encircled X Clear Field
- Enter the updates to add or overwrite information.
- To save the change, click the boxed check mark Save
- To close the box without saving changes, click the boxed X Close
To add or edit content related to the Review Request Task, use the command buttons available in the sections of the task.
Rework Details Section
Use when the task is returned to originator for rework.
Workflow Overview Section
Tracks the routing of the Close Complaint Request. Identifies the participants and status of the task.
Act on the Close Request
The approver has options for responding to the request; for example, approve the request or return the request to the originator.
Approve the request.
- Click theApprove Document button in the task title bar. The workflow that executes depends on the disposition of the complaint.
Upon approval, the complaint is removed from the list of complaints and from the assignee's list of active items. The complaint remains available; searches by name, number, or Closed status will retrieve the item.
Case Workflow – Approve Close Complaint Request
The disposition of the complaint determines the workflow for the complaint. Core ArkCase makes available these dispositions.
- Add to Existing Case
- Open Investigation
- No Further Action
- Refer External
Disposition – Open Investigation
The disposition "Open Investigation" moves the complaint into case status.
· System assigns Approver as case owner
· System sets complaint status to Closed
· System creates new case
· System sets Case status to Active
· System associates originating complaint to the new case
· Case title
· Initiator information
· People information
Disposition – Add to Existing Case
- System validates
- System sets request status to Closed
- System associates originating complaint to the validated (existing) complaint [?]
Disposition – No Further Action
Sets the complaint status to Closed and removes it from the Complaints list.
Return the Request to the Originator
When changes or additions are considered necessary, the approver can return the request to the originator.
- Click theSend for Rework button in the task title bar. A text box opens in the page.
- A rework explanation is required. Add description of or instructions for the rework in the text field of the pop-up box. I don't think this is how it is supposed to work.
Note: To ensure that the originator sees the rework details, formatting options are available to emphasize the rework message. For example, you can highlight, bold, and list the message text, as well as insert picture and video files.
The task is routed to the request originator.
Case Workflow – Send for Rework
Upon submission of the Send for Rework:
- Systems sets the due date, if your configuration incorporates a specific turn-around time.
- System notifies the Originator / creates a task (Rework Request), routes the Close Complaint request.
Originator's Response to the Rework Request
The request originator makes changes and responds as necessary.
To proceed with the updated request, the originator clicks the Resubmit button. The workflow notifies the approver of the re-submission. Follows workflow for approver review and response.
To remove the request from further action, use the Cancel option button.