This document explains how to install ArkCase. It shows how to install and configure all ArkCase components. It does not include sizing worksheets, networking guides, or clustering documentation.
This guide is very function-oriented: it explains what components make up ArkCase and how to configure them to work together. It does not address sizing, performance tuning, operating system management tools (backup/restore, etc.), and all other system engineering concerns.
ACM Architecture Diagram
This section lists all ArkCase components that run in their own process or are separately deployable. Components (such as Activiti and Drools) that run inside the ArkCase web application are not listed.
- ECM Repository: the enterprise content management system; stores all files and folders. Alfresco 4.2, Alfresco 5.0, and Documentum 7 are supported.
- Database: stores all structured metadata. ArkCase supports Oracle and PostgreSQL. Note, the ECM repository also uses a database; the ECM repository and ArkCase could use the same database server, but this is not required. Internally, the ECM database and the ArkCase database are separate.
- Pentaho Business Intelligence: Reports server. ArkCase supports both the Community Edition and the Enterprise Edition.
- Frevvo: forms server
- Apache Solr: full text search index
- Snowbound: Document viewer
- ArkCase services web application: Web application archive (WAR file) and configuration files. This web application contains all REST services.
- ArkCase user interface web application: This application contains the Angular user interface, and communicates with the ArkCase services application.
The database, the Solr server, and the ECM repository should be isolated from the user-accessible network; users should not be able to access the database, the Solr server, or the ECM repository. Access controls are enforced by the ArkCase application (in both the user interface and service layers). Once users access data (either database data, Solr queries or ECM files) outside the application, the access controls cannot be enforced. Spillage and loss of data integrity could follow.
The rest of this document shows you how to install ArkCase in these general steps:
- Verify or establish all prerequisites
- Install and configure the components
- ECM repository
- ArkCase Webapp
- Install and configure ArkCase
- Verify the installation is functional